Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vacations and Getaways!


This summer has been crazy busy and we have also had the joy of adjusting to life with 3 children. And as hectic as it seems, we are adjusting. Landon has no real "schedule" and really what is the point of setting one when it will change again in a matter of 3 weeks! So we are not stressing ourselves out over this and are just allowing him to nap when he is tired and eat when he is hungry. A praise is that he is finally allowing me to lay him down during the day and he will take a good nap...alone!! Yea! Jonah and Lauren are really enjoying these last days of summer and are getting really excited about school beginning. Jonah is looking forward to first grade, eating lunch in the cafeteria/gym , and going outside on the playground. He has been kinda whiny lately and I'm hoping it's because he's bored! It's pretty annoying. But he shows so many signs of growing up that it makes me a little sad. He lost another tooth, his top front tooth and he is now allowed to ride his bike on two streets in our neighborhood with his friends, without us riding or walking with him. He loves this, of course! Yesterday he and I had a date together. We went to Target to pick out his lunch box and get school supplies and then we picked out our favorite candy and ate it together at Targets little cafe. It was so fun and he was so excited to have time alone. Lauren is looking forward to going to preschool and meeting Mrs. Eley. She talks about her all the time and will say, "Mom, I'm getting ready for preschool right? I can wipe myself and I'm listening, so I can go, right?!" Those are two things that I told her she had to be able to do when she goes...so far she is successful on one, not so much the other :)! Lately we will tell her to not do something or to do something, and of course, she doesn't stop doing it or won't do it. So we will start walking towards her to make sure she obeys and she'll go, "Oh, fine!" All the while throwing her arms up in the air and putting them on her hips. Then we have obedience...usually! Here are pictures from over the summer, enjoy!

No comments: