Last night, Lauren was having a really rough night. Lately, she is saying and doing things that are just plain mean. While we have enjoyed and even laughed at the amazing language and comprehension skills she has, it is sometimes out of hand. There are many moments when we are truely at a loss for what to do and how to work with her regarding her mouthiness. So we just keep praying that our little talks and efforts to teach her about how to treat and talk to others sinks in...eventually!
When I put her to bed last night, after being too tired from battling her mouth and meanness, I talked with her about how Jesus would want her to treat others. She looked at me with her big blue eyes and grabbed my face with her hands and said, "I'm sorry mom. I love you. Mom, does Jesus live in my heart?" Me: "Yes, He can, you have to ask Him to live in your heart. Do you want to ask Jesus to live in your heart?" She smiled really big and said, "yes, I do." So we prayed together and she asked Jesus to come into her heart. Jonah came in her room right after that and I told him what Lauren decided to do. He smiled at her really big and said, "That's great Lauren!" Then he hugged her goodnight and prayed with her, as he sometimes wants to do before he goes to bed. It was such a sweet moment to share with them both and to share with her especially! She fell asleep so peacefully last night, with a smile on her face. What a great picture of the peace only Jesus can give us.

3 comments:
We Praise Him with you!! God has great plans for this little precious girl!! Our princess :)
We are smiling all over!
Precious! And so wonderful...the answer to many prayers I'm sure.
Love,
Rebecca (Ross)
That made me tear up a little bit! That is so great! :)
Post a Comment