Monday, June 23, 2008

What's New?!!




What have we been up to lately? Well quite a lot actually! Just when we think things may slow down for a couple of days, something comes up that we need or want to do. Jonah graduated from preschool and is officially on his way to kindergarten!! He is really excited! He will be going to afternoon kindergarten and will get on the bus right in front of our house. We decided afternoon because he can have the morning to play with Lauren (who will miss him while he's at school) and be gone during Lauren's nap!! Which means quiet afternoons again for me!! I don't know who's more excited, me or Jonah!!! So I am trying to remember to enjoy my afternoons alone with Jonah while Lauren is sleeping. It's nice to have one on one time with each of them. In the fall Lauren and I will have that more after he leaves for school and before her nap. They are growing up way to fast!

Jonah also finished up his soccer and t-ball seasons and had a great time playing both. Jess really enjoyed coaching Jonah's t-ball team and connecting with the kids and parents. They both wish the season was a little longer.

Jess is playing and coaching church softball again and loves every minute of the season. I think he sleeps, dreams and if he could, eat it! He just really enjoys it and I enjoy watching him get so excited and sometimes worked up over softball!

I am busy with keeping the kids happy and content (most of the time), reading a book, I Dare You by Joyce Meyer, having play dates with friends, and having friends over to hang out.

We are really looking forward to having some friends over for the 4th of July weekend. Aaron and Jeannie Reid are good friends of ours we haven't seen in 4 years and so we are trying to get the whole gang back together to visit and catch up in person! So that will be a blast and we are getting ready for our annual trip to Lake Leelanau with my family. Jonah looks forward to this vacation all year long! He looks forward to the boat, swimming, the boat, playing at the playground, the boat, campfires, and oh yea, did I mention the boat?! This is almost a daily conversation we have together. Talking about vacation and always the boat. He's so fun! Lauren is starting to catch onto the excitement so we pretty much talk about Mimi and Papa's boat...alot!! Hope you are all enjoying your summer!!

1 comment:

Janine said...

How fun! I remember the first child off to kindergarten feeling. :-)

Can't wait to see you guys!