Lauren has a favorite dvd, Miss Pattycake Praise. We actually own 3 of her dvd's because our kids really enjoy singing with Miss Pattycake. Lauren especially! Jonah tolerates her now, but still really enjoys singing most of the songs with Lauren. For those of you who do not know Miss Pattycake, she is a lady who wears a costume, a silly hat and has a big smile and a big heart for Jesus and preschoolers! You have to, to do her job! Anyway, despite how cheesy and silly and sometimes annoying it is to watch Miss Pattycake at least a few times a day, nothing brings me more joy and pride to watch my little girl praying to God on the floor with her little hands folded singing, "I can say yes, I can say yes, I can say yes to the Father. And you can say yes, you can say yes, you can say yes to Him too. Aaaamen." In this simple song there is a great message for all of us and a reminder of how to live our lives for our Father. Sometimes it's hard to say yes, sometimes it's easy to say yes. It's hard to say yes when the situation we are in is hard and challenging and we don't want to be there. But knowing that God wants us to say yes because He has a purpose and plan for us is reason enough to say yes to the Father. I'll leave you with one of my life verses that I cling to and pray.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:
intersting...where do you find these dvds?
At the Family Christian Bookstore or online at www.misspattycake.com
They are worth buying for you kids!
Post a Comment