Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wedding Update


Well, the wedding weekend came and went by so quickly! It was a really fun weekend, busy, but fun! The bride was beautiful and the groom made me cry...and Kristin too. Actually we both started crying when Jennifer came down the aisle, crying herself, and then when Ryan was saying his vows, he was bawling! And I had to stand up there looking at him...so, of course, nothing tears me up more than seeing a grown man brought to tears of happiness and emotion! My men both looked so handsome and cute on this special day and Lauren was adorable as well in her pretty dress. Jonah had to make his mark on the ceremony and did so successfully. He started coming down the aisle, doing a great job, smiling, enjoying being with his new little friend, Mason (Ryan's nephew) when all of a sudden the photographer took a picture and my little man looked like a deer in headlights! He took off running back out of the sanctuary and would not come down. We think he was spooked by the bright flash and it broke his concentration. He did walk out with Mason at the end and did a great job!
I got through my toast at the reception, of course, crying at the beginning, but I pulled it together for most of the speech. I hate getting choked up at the beginning of a speech! But it's my only sister's wedding and I'll cry if I want too! We danced, laughed and just had a really good time with family and friends. I'm sure pictures will appear eventually. This is the only picture I have to share. None of us had our cameras with us, so if anyone has any pictures to share with us, we would love it!
Congrats to my sister and my new brother in law! Hope you are enjoying Hawaii!! Lucky bums!

2 comments:

Janine said...

Sounds like the wedding was wonderful! I am so sorry we couldn't be there. I can't wait to see pictures. :-) I am sure you all looked great.

Holly said...

Awe...congrats! They will love Hawaii...it's beautiful :)