January is my least favorite month. It's cold, dreary, cloudy, and the weather, lately, has been so unpredictable! I actually enjoy snow and love a great snow storm...which Jess hates, because of his drive to work...but I love how pretty the snow makes it look outside! On Saturday night we had some friends over and the guys were watching the Packers game and the snow was just coming down in huge snowflakes and I couldn't help but wish it were doing that here too! I guess it did later that night around 2AM, so we missed it, oh, well. Before the Jonah headed back to school we had a beach day at home! We had been home for 3 days straight, it was too cold to go outside and we were all feeling a little "closed in"! So I pulled out some of my teaching things from the ocean unit I did, put on our bathing suits, filled the little pool with some water, and pretended we were going to the beach. We had a blast and they thought it was so cool to wear their bathing suits and "swim" inside the house! When I was teaching, my dad and I made this inflatable "tent" and the kids can go in it and pretend they are "swimming" in the ocean. It's a lot of work to get it out and blown up, but the kids always loved this unit and my kids loved playing inside it too! Later, I thought, I should have invited the girls over to enjoy beach day too! Next time. Stay warm and try to enjoy the weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How fun! You are such a good mom!
What a fun mom!!! Brilliant idea :D
I was jealous when I read about beach day. Ryan, would love to swim in his pool. You are such a fun and creative mom. Talk to you soon. Melanie
Post a Comment