Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Project Living Room









These pictures didn't post like I wanted them too...oh, well. I'm short on time and needed to get a new post up, thanks for the reminder Shel!

So we have needed to paint our living room or at least touch it up for a while now. So I set a date and started to work on getting Jess ready for the job...the BIG job. If no one has ever been to our house before, you may not understand how big of a job this was! Not to mention the high peaks and the dreaded stairs! We had no idea how we were going to get those parts done, especially since Jess hates heights and climbing ladders. We had a friend offer to come help if we needed him, but Jess faced the peaks and talked my dad into edging out the walls above the stairs! Unfortunately, the ladder he was using to reach those peaks decided to fail on him and it caved with Jess on it! He's ok, but was pretty shook up and got really bruised and banged up! We had no "regular" band-aids for him to use, so he had to wear a princess one! How cute! I had fun teasing him about it all weekend! Anyway, we got the job done and it looks GREAT! I love it! For those of you who know me, making a decision about a paint color is the hardest thing for me to do...there is no guarantee you will like it and once you get started, and buy the paint, there is no turning back, especially when the paint costs $100! Picking this color and actually deciding to do it was pretty easy though, because it is the same color Josh and Kristin used in their new house. So I knew I would like it! The first picture shows what the color was before (left) and after (right), the new color. In the next picture Jess is smiling...this is before he fell! And the third is the ladder, which is barely standing up on it's own. Stupid ladder!

The last pictures are of our little princess...who is turning 2 soon!! And Jonah, can you tell he loves chocolate ice cream?!! Nothing beats Culvers ice cream treats courtesy of Papa and his free ice cream coupons from their kid meals!

4 comments:

Josh Buck said...

I LOOOOOOVE it!

Susan said...

yeah......an update I love the color too!
Sue

Holly said...

wow...look at how big lauren is getting!!! thanks for sharing :D

Heather said...

Sorry about the fall... I know I'm not afraid of heights but the fear of falling scares the life out of me so I can empathize with Jess!

Cute pictures of the kids!