Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Carrie's Day while Jess is Away!
I have to post a response to Jess' day of fun yesterday...while he was off with the boys I was off with the girls and Jonah...My fun began early in the morning so we could all get up, dressed, packed for a full day, and out the door...on time! We made a successful trip to GR with absolutely no crying from Lauren...she hates the car and usually blesses us with a complete car ride of crying...but not yesterday. We started out visiting Jennifer at her new office and borrowed her key to her apartment so the kids could rest there in the afternoon, then we met Grandma, Aunt Renee and Kasey and Riley at Rivertown Mall to go to Libby Do...an all girls shop where they style their hair, put on their makeup and glitter them up with stars and glitter! The girls had a blast and Jonah watched them like he was trying to figure out what in the world they were doing! We then shopped for a little while, went to Aunt Jenniper's (that is what Jonah calls her) and rested for a little while. Then we made our way back into GR to visit with the Grate family, it was a very brief visit due to the fact that we all had plans for the evening, and then we made our way to dinner at Rose's. I am amazed at the fact that I found my way all around GR and did not get lost or turned around! I am not the queen of following directions! This is where the day got a little interesting...there was no where to park at this quaint little restaurant and the only spot was about a mile away...so I hauled both kids down to the restaurant, tried to enjoy dinner while trying to keep Jonah in his seat and keep Lauren happy after a day of driving all over! Dinner and the company was good, but I was exhausted!!!!!!!!!!! My hat goes off to single moms out there...I don't know how you do it and manage to remain sane! So while I was crazily running all over GR and doing the right thing by hanging out with the girls for the day while the boys were away, I thank God for giving me the energy and patience to pull it off and still be happy for my husband that he got to go to enjoy a game he loves to watch and by the end of a very long day I am also thankful that we did have a fun day and that I am very blessed to have two amazing kids who behaved so well!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Car- Was great to see you and the kids yesterday if even for a minute. Holding little Lauren was especially sweet even if I admit I was choking back tears the whole time as she reminded me so much of Ava for some reason.... I can't believe you pulled off that whole day without a hitch! You have officially received the title "Supermom!"
Glad Jonah enjoyed my bed! Hope you enjoyed dinner:) Sorry I couldn't join you I was really tired!
Hi Carrie, finally made it! Did you mean Rosie's in East GR? If so, wow, you really did great w/the kids. Enjoy your pics. I'll check back later. Cont. on w/your great summer.
Pat
Hey Pat!! Glad you found us! Yes, Rose's in East GR...it was a trip! Great food, but too busy for my already busy bee (Jonah)!
Post a Comment