Carrie and the kids left for vacation to Lake Leelanau with her folks on Saturday.....so needless to say I am at home by myself. I am going up on Friday to join them.
You would think that a guy in this spot (no wife or kids to deal with) would really enjoy being home without his family there....play Playstation all the time, sleep in, eat bad, leave the dishes in the sink, not worry about the pillows on the couch or making the bed, and on and on.
But, at about 4pm on Saturday afternoon, I got lonely. I actually got sick of playing playstation. I put the pillows up the way Carrie likes them. I did the dishes yesterday (I did sleep in until 10:30 yesterday....which was heavenly in case you wondered).
I miss my family. Let me rephrase that, I really miss my family. I miss Carrie's smile, Jonah's unpredictability, and Lauren's giggles.
At least I am back at work today to pass the time. It is on rare occasion that I would prefer work over being at home....but in this case I am happy to be here.
Five more days to vacation...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Well look at it this way we have three more days till we get to be there!!!! Pray for awesome weather:) Hope you are enjoying your week...I'll come thursday night you can buy me dinner!
Awwww, this made me smile. You have a hidden writer in you, Jess - very nice!!
Wemiss you too!!! xoxoxo CAL
Shaun felt the same way when he got some time to himself....thought he'd be all for joy, but ended up missing us the most. It's great for wives to hear that!!! :)
Let me just say that the weather up here is awesome - very warm... but we are having fun "in the sun" and on the water... it's just difficult because little Lauren can't go on the boat, so we have to go in shifts!!
Weather for weekend: 80's, sunny, and hot! Good time for boating, sea dooing, and tubing!!
Until then, hang in there! Only ONE more day!! You know you COULD skip the ball game and get up here sooner........ (had to throw that one in)... I know where your priorities are : )
Post a Comment