Friday, July 10, 2009

Exhausted!

My title is exactly how I am feeling these days. I am plain exhausted! Keeping up with 3 kids is hard work. And it seems that my train of thought is always on what they need or want or help with. I am constantly just trying to keep up! Getting online for even a few moments each day is my "outlet" right now. If I can get Landon to sleep, on his own for even 10 minutes I feel like I had a small break! He is a big cuddler and loves to be held while sleeping. It is almost always a guarantee he will wake up about 5 minutes after I lay him down. But I will keep laying him down and I will keep trying to ignore the crying so I can get at least one thing accomplished for the day! And he will eventually get the idea and fall back to sleep....eventually. But for now I try to just remind myself when I feel like I am about to fall apart, which is at least once a day, that I am thankful for my healthy little baby and I am thankful for my busy 6 and 3 year old. I am so grateful for an amazing husband & father, without whom I would be losing my mind! And I can smile each day and enjoy them. And I will not lose it completely.
I feel like I am surrounded by people who are enduring great hardship right now and so when I am feeling even a little bit sorry for myself, I picture one of them. Lately, since knowing about little Kate, baby Sam, my Aunt Judy and other close family, I have been reading my Bible like crazy. Just trying to make some sense of what they are going through and why. Of course, I have no answers, but digging into the Word of God seems to just shine light on God and the fact that He has a plan and He is with these sweet people and their families. And reminds me to lift up my own children & husband to Him. Believing that whatever He has in store for them, for us, good or bad, He is in control. Bottom line. He is in control. And so I will take my exhaustion and endure because I know that this too shall pass and sleep will happen again too!
'Nuff said. Just needed to write and clear my head :)

1 comment:

ourbigmess said...

gosh, I like you.