Sunday, April 19, 2009

Change is Coming!

Change is right around the corner for us and I am feeling lots of mixed emotions. Change is hard for me. Always has been and always will be. Good change and bad change. Hard. I sometimes find myself wishing that I was a more "by the seat of my pants" kind of person, but I'm not and never will be.
It is completely out of character for me to have decided not to find out the sex of this baby. I am a planner and planning helps me cope with change. BUT on the other hand, I do like surprises, good surprises, and find them exhilerating and exciting! So I have enjoyed this journey of not knowing whether we are having a boy or girl for the purpose of surprise and built up excitement. And with the different challenges I have faced this pregnancy, I only care about having a heathly, happy baby!
On another note of change, I would like to ask everyone to please pray for my mom as she recently was informed that her position was no longer needed due to changes and reorganization. It has been hard to watch her go through this the past week. It has drawn up feelings for me of when I was pink slipped twice by the same school district. It hurts. It makes you feel unwanted and unappreciated. It makes you feel like a failure. It stinks. And the feelings do subside and you start to see God's plan for you has changed, but it doesn't make it easier. I know it was part of God's plan for me to stay home with my kids. For me, God had to make the change for me. He knew what was best for me and my family. Choosing to leave my job myself would have been very difficult for me, I loved teaching kindergarten! I love my job now and while I miss teaching, I love my life more now and feel so lucky to be at home with my kids. What a blessing God gave me! And I know my mom will feel this same way, eventually. She will miss her friends and co-workers, but in time, God will show her what He wants for her to do. In the mean time, please pray for continued peace and comfort for her and my dad.
Change seems to just be part of life, sometimes we like it, sometimes we don't. Change is all around us! Thankfully I serve a God who is with me through all the changes I go through in life. Changes in my family, changes in my friendships, changes in career choices, changes in all of life. I think the bottom line is that we have to accept whatever changes we may be experiencing and pray, pray, pray!

2 comments:

Josh Buck said...

Preach it Sister!

HP and Diane said...

Thank you my sweet daughter! While we don't like our "changes".. we have to trust that God has something far better in mind for all of us! God is good!

Love you,
MOM