Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Kindergarten, here I come!






Yesterday Jonah met his teacher, saw his classroom, found his locker, walked around his new school and went on a short bus ride. Today was his first official day. He was so excited yesterday and today about going back to school! He walked ahead of us into the building, excitedly found his locker and class, and found things to do right away. He was pretty excited about his buddy Ethan being in his class too. Which was extremely helpful today when he got on the bus from home for the first time! He was real hesitant, but wanted to get on and was really comfortable as soon as he saw Ethan's smiley face. He had such a great 1st day and is begging to ride the bus home too. We weren't sure if we wanted him to ride it home or not, but we'll try it and see how it goes. He was disappointed to not get back on the bus to come home with his buddy and other new friends. I admit, I did cry after he was good to go on the bus and pulling away. I was doing really well, but when he became hesitant and not so sure about this bus thing, I felt sad that he had to go. I will miss our afternoons together, but he is ready for school and all things involving school. Hopefully tomorrow will go smooth too and all the new adjustments and new routines will become "normal" soon. We're also praying for cooler weather...today was so hot and the teachers and kids looked so hot and sweaty and maybe even a little cranky already! I remember those non-air-conditioned days in a hot classroom with busy, busy kindergarteners! It makes for a very long day! Enjoy his first day pictures!

2 comments:

HP and Diane said...

My little buddy is growing up way too fast!! Made me cry seeing his picture!! And then the hug with Lauren... how precious is that!!
I better wait until next week to watch him get on or off that bus... I think I'd still cry this week!! Precious moments.. your pictures tell it all!!
Love you Jonah.. Mimi
Good Job Mommy & Daddy!!

Holly said...

awww...I can't believe he's in kindergarten already! Cute pictures :)