Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Vacation!?!?!

Have you ever heard the phrase, "You need a vacation, from vacation."? Well, that is how I feel. Especially since Jess left the kids and I up at the lake to go back to work last Monday! Jonah and Lauren really were good, except for the time Jonah "forgot" to tell me he was going to the playground or the time he "forgot" to not go in the creek to get a ball...did I mention I had been looking for him and couldn't find him... and then there were the few times Lauren bolted to the lake...no life jacket, no bathing suit...and the time she started to ride her scooter (she is really fast!) and decided to ditch the scooter and me(!) and started running, at full speed, to the playground, not paying a bit of attention to cars, people, etc. in her way!! Did I say they were good? Ok, so it wasn't that bad to have to chase and corral constantly. That's part of young children and camping! I was just so anxious about the lake and them. You can never be too careful or pay too close attention! All in all, we really did have a wonderful time. Jonah loved waking up every morning, hopping on his bike and riding around the circle road that enclosed our camp site, riding on the boat, going tubing, and playing at the beach. Lauren enjoyed going to the playground, playing in the water and making sand castles at the beach, and keeping me moving every second she was awake...and everyone else in our family. It was exhausting, but I would do it all over again. Creating memories. More important than anything else I will make or do with my children. And that is what we did, and what we will do all over again....next year!

**Pictures soon, but while you wait, you can check my mom's blog or Jennifer's!

2 comments:

Janine said...

I am so glad you had a good time! I remember those chasing days...that feeling in your stomach...ugh. (Those would be the times I "forgot" I don't believe in spanking!LOL) But, you are right...you have to keep at it and make those memories.

Holly said...

glad you had fun! i need to take the boys on another vacation sometime.