We have been signed up, once again, for a stay at the "Hotel Bronson". Jonah was admitted this evening for a really bad case of croup. He started coughing around 9PM on Tuesday night and coughed ALL night long and into today and just never stopped coughing. The cough was really starting to get out of control around 5Pm today and my mom and I thought we better take him to the dr. before we end up in the ER during the night (which we have had to do too many times!). Anyway, we got to the dr. and there was nothing they could do to help him and so we were admitted to the hospital around 6PM tonight. He has been diagnosed with croup and viral bronchitus...so he's in isolation and in the PICU for close observation. They gave Jonah a mega dose of steroids via a nebulizer treatment and when I left around 9PM tonight, he was STILL coughing! And incredibly hyper (he is sleep deprived and high!) As I am writing this tonight I am praying that he is feeling relief from his cough, is breathing easier and is sleeping! So please, please pray for Jonah. He has been suffering from chronic sinusitis since January and we believe his cough is a result of this, not his asthma. Although having asthma doesn't help. He is scheduled to have sinus surgery in August and we are praying for this to be of a great help to his overall health. Hopefully by morning his breathing and cough will be under control and he can come home!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Awwww...hugs to you and your little man. I hope he feels better soon. I will be praying that God will heal him. Try to get some rest tonight and give me a call and let me know how he is doing.
I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope he feels better soon...
(I think that is a cute picture you put on the blog!!)
Poor little guy!! Please call me if you need anything!!
Sue
Post a Comment