Friday, January 05, 2007
Bitterweet Farewells
"Well today did not go as anyone would ever expect a day to go. My Aunt Suzi passed away early this morning, very peacefully to be with our Lord. And then around 1:30 this afternoon we got a call to go to the nursing home where Jess' Nana was because she was not doing well...she passed away around 2PM. She is also at Home with her Lord. As we were explaining to Jonah what was going on he asked about heaven and we explained to him that Aunt Suzi and Nana both live with Jesus there. He then said, "Jesus, heaven?" We said, "yes, Jesus lives in heaven." He then said, "Papa heaven too." And we told him, no Papa lives here but Jesus lives in his heart. He said, "In his heart?" We said, "yes, Jesus lives in our hearts." "Oh..." he said. So we asked him if he would like Jesus to live in his heart too... He thought about it for a second and said, "yes." So we prayed together and when we were done praying, he had the biggest grin on his face, like he got it. God is good and has a reason for everything. Please keep our family in your prayers this next week. We will be leaving for Pennsylvania sometime next week for Jess Nana's funeral and Aunt Suzi's service will more than likely be on Monday. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh Carrie, I am so sorry for two losses in such a short time. But,I know that you know through your strong faith that both Suzi and Nana are in heaven and in no more pain. How sweet to have Jonah accept Christ during this difficult time. Only further showing how God is truly so very Good! Our thoughts and prayers go with you!
Sue and Jeff
I'm praying for you, sweetie. Call me if you need to chat. I will pray for safe travels for you all.
I'm sorry for your family's loss!! God does work in misterious ways, and I praise Him that He called such a young little guy into His family!!!
Post a Comment