Tuesday, December 05, 2006

December

The end of the calendar year is upon us. A couple of weeks ago, we talked about Holiday Busyness in our L3 Service, and the busyness has hit our family with a vengeance. Holiday parties, shopping, birthday parties, Christmas Programs, more shopping, the list goes on and on!

Please be in prayer for Lauren as she goes to the Ear, Nose, Throat Doctor tomorrow. The Doctor will most likely recommend that she gets tubes put in her ears to prevent ear infections. She has had a few over the past two months and our Pediatrican recommended that we see the ENT. Otherwise, she is doing very well. She has become mobile over the past couple of weeks, so it is a lot of fun watching her crawl around exploring new things.

Jonah will be celebrating his fourth birthday next Wednesday. He will actually have three parties over the next two weeks. Wow how time flies. It does not seem all too long ago that he was Lauren's age and just crawling around. Now, he has endless energy and endless questions too. He is a blast! He is really enjoying preschool and he has his first birthday party at school on Thursday. I will be taking him and helping out at his class that day, so I am sure that will be interesting.

We have the house all spruced up for the holidays. We actually did the majority of the decorating over Thanksgiving weekend. Carrie does a wonderful job making the house look full of Christmas.

I sprained my ankle really bad at our first basketball game on Saturday. For a while on Saturday, I thought I might have fractured it. It swelled up considerably Saturday and my ankle actually looked like a tennis ball. I should have taken a picture of it. Thankfully, Sunday it felt much better and it has improved steadily each day since. Now it looks like a nice shade of purple and blue.

Please try to remember the Reason for the season over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Jonah is almost 4!! It doesn't seem that long ago that he was a baby. And, I feel for Lauren. Jaden went through the same thing. I hope the ENT can help her out!!

Anonymous said...

Jonah and Trever!! Four!! My how quickly I am discovering they grow!! We'll keep Lauren in our prayers. Have a great week and see you Friday!
~~Heather~~

Anonymous said...

Jonah is getting to be a big boy! Wow! I am so sorry to hear that Lauren is having ear troubles. I know how stressful that can be. I hope we get a chance to see you guys over Christmas.