With November and the Holidays fast approaching, I figured I would throw out an update as to how things are going in the Evans' World.
Carrie and I celebrated our sixth anniversary on Saturday. Six years has gone by very, very fast. I still remember that wonderful fall day very vividly. It was the perfect day for a wedding. Carrie is enjoying staying home with the kids, although Jonah's school schedule is keeping her a lot busier throughout the week. She enjoys leading her Tuesday AM Bible study and does an amazing job overseeing/teaching the pre-K/K age group at church.
Jonah is growing up very fast! He will be four years old in about six weeks! He is really enjoying going to preschool. Carrie had a co-op day a few weeks ago in Jonah's class and she seemed to enjoy being back in the classroom again. He wore "orange" to school last Thursday and enjoyed that because orange is his favorite color these days. I will proudly say that he throws a baseball very well already, and he would rather throw the ball and have me hit it than me throw him the ball to hit. He hits pretty good too. On the other hand, Carrie would probably tell you that Jonah is also very good at kicking the soccer ball, too. In fact, he is already drop-kicking the ball with ease.
Last week Lauren turned seven months old! She already has Carrie and I wrapped around her fingers. She is beyond adorable and has some spunk, too. Whenever she has had enough of Jonah's constant attention, she has no problem giving out a good scream to let him know that he has invaded her "bubble". It is rather funny. She is rolling and scooting everywhere these days, but no crawling yet. Soon, I would imagine though.
My job is going well. This is definetly not my "long-term" job, but as I have told others who have asked, I took this job for the next job. Does that make sense? I am currently teaching an adult Sunday school class at church. This is a new venture for me because I have only taught Sunday school to teens/children. It is funny but I initiated more discussion/interaction from the teens than with the adults. It also does not help that there are only about seven people max in the class. L3 is going okay. Our attendance at the service is usually like peaks and valleys, sometimes we have 100 and sometimes we have 40, but lately it has been low. Our creative team put together an awesome service a few weeks back on self-control.
Only 62 shopping days left until Christmas.
P.S. Tigers stink. I stayed up late 5 times to watch THAT!?! Ughhh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like you are all doing very well! :-)
Jess- you're cracking me up. Only 62 shopping days left 'til Christmas???? Are you sure Carrie didn't write this post? I love you guys and hope to see you all soon!
Hey Hol, Jess really did write this post...He loves Christmas...we both do, but he really enjoys everything, including the shopping! Maybe we can get together soon!
Post a Comment