We are officially 6 weeks away from delivery day! And have a scheduled c-section date of May 11th. We are excited and ready to meet this new little one! I found out 3 weeks ago that I have gestational diabetes, which I didn't have with either Jonah or Lauren. So along with carpal tunnel in both of my hands, I now have this too. At times I have felt pretty frustrated, but know that both are pregnancy related and hopefully will go away. And I am fully aware that there are worse things I could be dealing with. I am ready for May! Starting in 2 weeks I will have weekly ultrasounds along with weekly dr. appts. At my last dr. appt. I was told my sugar levels are so good that I could back off on testing my sugar, praise God! Jonah and Lauren are getting excited to meet their new brother or sister. Lauren keeps coming up to me and will rub my belly and then continue on her way, it's really sweet. Jonah just wants to meet his brother...he's convinced it's a boy! We'll see!
Lauren had a great birthday and loved every minute. She is taking gymnastics and calls it "misnastics". It has been really great for her and all her energy. I think she may be a natural tumbler! She has great balance and no fear! Above is a picture of the birthday girl in her party dress with her pink castle cake.
Jonah and Jess are getting ready to start t-ball and soccer again. Jonah is so excited to start playing and daddy can't wait for his season to begin too! Jonah's new love is basketball though and he wants to go out and practice shooting baskets everyday. I think everyone around here has a basketball buzz between the Final Four (Go STATE!) and Schoolcraft's men's basketball team making it to the state finals. I have been seeing lots of kids playing basketball after school! Jonah included! He has really enjoyed kindergarten and is doing very well. I am proud of him. A few weeks ago he sat down and wrote about his teacher. I thought I would share it because it is so nicely written and done. In case you can't read "kindergartenese" it says, "My teacher is nice. She sings songs. I like her! From Jonah". He even included a picture of her. I think my guy is going to be good at expressing himself on paper...not in person, since he would never tell her this on his own!
Happy Spring everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment