Thursday, January 08, 2009

Bye, bye wiggly tooth!


Yup! If you can't tell by the picture, Jonah has a small gap in between his bottom teeth! His tooth became "wiggly" a few weeks ago and he has done whatever he can to keep his precious tooth! He even went so far as to tell us that he wanted to go to the dentist because the dentist could help him keep his tooth in his mouth. So during the past few weeks he mastered how to chew around his tooth and how to protect "it"! Silly, silly boy. On Tuesday he barely ate his breakfast and lunch before school and I noticed that his tooth was barely hanging on, but he wouldn't let me touch it. After school I asked him if I could look at his tooth and just wiggle it a little for him and he reluctantly agreed...so I barely touched it, he jerked back and out the tooth came!! I was thrilled and acting really excited about it, having my own little party, while he sat there a little surprised and was less than excited about it. Not to mention, having the toothfairy come was even less exciting for a little boy who fears the idea of any kind of "stranger" coming into his house, let alone his room! So I didn't make a big deal out of the toothfairy, but told him he could put it under his pillow. He really thought about this, but decided to put it there and thus began a very restless night of sleep for everyone! Darn toothfairy!! The next morning he woke up and came running excitedly into our room with his dollar and note from the toothfairy announcing, "Hey mom, when I am 7, I won't be so scared about losing my teeth and the toothfairy will be fine then too...when I am 7." By the way, the dollar was not my idea, he would have been thrilled with a couple quarters but...mimi and papa kept telling him that the toothfairy gives a whole dollar to kids to who lose their teeth! When I questioned why the toothfairy gives more than a quarter now, the response was, "inflation, of course!" So maybe the inflation fairy should come visit all of us too!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Trever keeps trying to make a tooth loose. He wants to loose a tooth. I think it's because friends around him are... *wink*

Too cute on how Jonah tried to save his tooth!!

Anonymous said...

The toothfairy left a dollar for the first tooth at our house, because that was special. But a quarter for every tooth after that. Some of Jessica's and Allison's friends would get 5 or 10 dollars, so hopefully that toothfairy doesn't come to Schoolcraft to Jonah's classmates.