Sunday, May 20, 2007

Good-Bye Tigger

Well....we gave our cat, Tigger, away. He went to a good home, a lady who recently lost her own cat and husband not too long ago. She loves cats and does 4H cat shows....so who knows, maybe Tigger has another "calling" in his life! I had to drop him off, much to my dismay, but Jess just couldn't get home from work in time. I cried, Jonah almost cried...his little eyes welled up with tears and he was not sure about letting him go. It was pretty pathetic while we both sadly waved good-bye to our kitty. Then I left the kids with my mom and went to meet my good friend, Shelly to pick up her kids for a weekend of fun for Jonah, Noah, and Zoe...ok, Lauren too, she loves to play with the kids too! So I cried a little on my way to meet her, but as soon as I saw her I felt better...that's what a visit, even a very short one, with a good friend will do for you. Thanks, Shelly...I miss you tons!
Anyway, I survived. We decided to give him away because he may be contributing to Jonah's asthma and possible allergies. I feel sad about him going, but glad that he is going to a good home. Jonah will miss carrying him around like he's a stuffed animal and not a real animal. We have had Tigger since Jess and I started dating, 9 years, so it's hard to let him go, but it's for the best for all of us. Jess is totally happy and excited about him being gone, I'm sure he has been doing a "quiet" happy dance, out of respect for Jonah and me (he's a really good husband and dad)!! Farewell, Tigger....we will miss you!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty! I'm glad he went to a good home though so you don't have to wonder about if he is okay or not...

Holly said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty!! We got rid of our dog last week, but I replaced him w/a puppy. You gotta do what's best for your family though *hugs*

Janine said...

I am sorry you had to say good bye to Tigger. I sometimes wish I could get of my kitties. Maybe you can get a fish. :-)

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Ohmigosh! I TOTALLY remember when you got Tigger! I'm sorry, but how can that possibly be 9 years ago?????? WE ARE OLD!!!!!!!